Contact John J. Fumero
750 Park of Commerce Boulevard, Suite 210
Boca Raton, Florida 33487
- Florida, 1987
- United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Southern District, Trial Bar
- University of Miami, J.D., 1987
- University of Miami, B.A., 1983
- The Florida Bar
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Florida Association of Environmental Professionals
- Water Management Institute
- Board of Directors, American Water Resources Association - Florida Section
- Executive Council, Environmental and Land Use Law Section, Florida
- Board of Directors and President 2003/2004, Leadership Palm Beach County
- Board of Directors, Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
- Environment and Infrastructure Committee, Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Palm Beach County
- 2010, 2011 and 2013 Florida Trend Legal Elite
John J. Fumero is a shareholder at Nason Yeager. He has nearly 30 years of experience in a wide-ranging practice in the areas of environmental, land use, land development, administrative, zoning, governmental and civil trial law. Mr. Fumero, formerly General Counsel of the South Florida Water Management District, represents and provides strategic counsel to landowners, developers, industry, agriculture, utilities and local governments throughout Florida. He represents private and public sector clients before local, state and federal agencies and courts. He has extensive experience in all aspects of state and federal regulation, land development, litigation and legislation.
From Washington, D.C. to Tallahassee, Mr. Fumero has had substantial involvement in the development of federal and state legislation and regulations. Named as Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, he is a frequent author and lecturer, and one of the authors of the Florida Environmental and Land Use Law Treatise published by The Florida Bar.
Mr. Fumero is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He is board certified as a specialist in State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice by The Florida Bar and is also a Florida Supreme Court-certified mediator and holds certification in Environmental Negotiation and Policy from Harvard Law School.
Mr. Fumero has extensive experience in Local Government Law, Agency Permitting & Rulemaking, Federal & State Civil & Administrative Litigation, Regulatory Analysis & Strategic Planning, Legislation & Policy Drafting, Issue Monitoring & Research, Lobbying at State & Local Levels, Dispute Resolution & Mediation, Property Rights, Public-Private Partnerships, Public Works Projects, Land Development, Appropriations & Procurement Support, Federal & State Environmental Law, and Marinas & Coastal Development.