Contact Michael D. Harris
3001 PGA Boulevard, Suite 305
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- Florida, 1974
- New York, 1969
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1969
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1975
- University of Pennsylvania - Wharton School of Business & Finance (1960-1961)
- University of Buffalo (B.A., 1964)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1968)
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association (Member: Business Law Section)
Michael D. Harris began his career at the Securities and Exchange Commission in New York, where he spent six years as an enforcement attorney and during his last three years at the SEC as Special Counsel to the Regional Administrator.
His securities practice focuses on representing public companies, providing counsel in the following areas:
- Preparation or review of filings required under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934;
- Preparation of registration statements;
- Preparation of documentation relating to private placements;
- Counseling management and boards of directors with regard to their responsibilities under the federal securities laws;
- Review of press releases, investor presentations and other documents provided to the public or private parties relating to the purchase or sale of securities.
Additionally, Mr. Harris represents hedge funds and high net worth investors in connection with investments in public and private companies.
His mergers and acquisition practice includes representing buyers and sellers in connection with mergers and the sale of public companies, private corporations and assets and providing counsel to boards of directors concerning their responsibility under applicable state laws including the Delaware General Corporation Law.
His corporate practice includes representing companies in connection with preparation of Equity Incentive Plans, Stock Option Agreements and a wide range of business agreements. Additionally, Mr. Harris provides counsel to management and boards of directors concerning their fiduciary duties.
In his spare time, Mr. Harris is an avid reader of spy novels and a sports fan whose passion includes annual visits to football games at major colleges throughout the United States.
Securities and Exchange Commission, New York Regional Office
• Special Counsel, 1971-1974
• Trial Attorney, 1968-1971