Contact John K. “Jack” Rice
750 Park of Commerce Boulevard, Suite 210
Boca Raton, Florida 33487
- Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2013
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., Environmental Law Certificate, 2012
- Florida State University, Master of Science in Urban & Regional Planning, M.S.P., 2009
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies, Certificate Minor in Urban & Regional Planning, B.S., 2007
- The Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Professionalism Committee, Young Lawyer Section Board of Directors (President-Elect)
- Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court
- Florida Chapter of the American Planning Association
- Palm Beach County Planning Congress
- Leadership Palm Beach County, Class of 2014
- City of West Palm Beach Sustainability Advisory Committee, Vice Chair
John K. “Jack” Rice is an associate at Nason Yeager. Mr. Rice practices primarily in the areas of land use/zoning, administrative and governmental law, environmental law and litigation. A seventh generation Floridian with strong roots in the South Florida region and Palm Beach County, Mr. Rice grew up hearing many stories about the growth and changes in the natural and urban environments of Florida. He dedicated his undergraduate and graduate studies to learning more about natural and urban environments, earning a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies and Certificate Minor in Urban & Regional Planning, and Master of Science in Urban & Regional Planning, which complement his Juris Doctor and Environmental Law Certificate.
Mr. Rice began his experience practicing general civil litigation with an emphasis on real property disputes. He has represented numerous clients at every stage of litigation, from case commencement to trial. Prior to joining Nason Yeager, Mr. Rice represented six local governments in Palm Beach County, Florida as assistant general counsel and private clients in land use and zoning disputes.
He is an active member of his community and profession, serving as President of the Young Lawyers Section of the Palm Beach County Bar Association and on the City of West Palm Beach’s Sustainability Advisory Committee. He was recognized for his service to the community in 2014 and received the TWP award from the Sun Sentinel.
In his free time, Mr. Rice enjoys sailing, physical fitness, and reading.
- Recipient of Sun Sentinel’s TWP (top-thirty under thirty) award, 2014
- Panel Speaker at 2014 and 2015 Fifteenth Judicial Circuit/Palm Beach County Bar Association’s New Attorney Breakfast
- Guest lecturer at Florida Atlantic University’s School of Urban Planning, “The Fair Housing Act & Reasonable Accommodations: What City Planners Need to Know,” 2015
- Panel Speaker at 2015 “Practicing With Professionalism” CLE, Florida Bar
- Panel Speaker at 2017 Palm Beach County Bar Association Bench Bar Conference