Alan Goodman is a shareholder at Nason Yeager. Mr. Goodman heads the firm’s commercial and employment litigation practice group in its Boca Raton office. For over 25 years, he has practiced in the areas of complex commercial litigation representing individuals, businesses and institutions involved in an array of matters, such as Commercial and Business Litigation, Fraud and Misrepresentation, Dissolution or Business Breakups, Unfair Business Practices, Trade Secrets, Non-Compete Covenants, Creditors’ Rights, including Proceedings Supplementary, Director & Officer Liability, Professional Liability, Employment Litigation and Real Estate Litigation.
Mr. Goodman obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida in 1988 with high honors in Business Administration and a major in Finance. He continued at the University of Florida for law school, where he received his Juris Doctor in 1991. Mr. Goodman is a member of the Florida Bar, and he is also admitted to practice in the Southern, Middle and Northern Federal District Courts of Florida, as well as in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Fervently believing in service to his profession and to his community, Mr. Goodman previously served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce and served on its executive committee as the Vice Chair of Legal.
Mr. Goodman has twice served as a member of the Florida Bar Grievance Committee, including serving as Chairman. He is an active member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association and previously served as a member of both the Business Litigation Committee and the Circuit Court Civil Practice Committee. He is a past member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association Professionalism Committee and the Judicial Relations Committee. He is also the former Vice President and member of the Board of Directors of The Bridges Homeowners Association.
Mr. Goodman has lived in Florida his entire life. He has two children, Jessica and Jared, and he currently resides in Delray Beach with his wife, Samantha.
Areas of Practice
- Florida, 1991
- Southern, Middle and Northern Federal District Courts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1991
- University of Florida, Business Administration, 1988
- Rated "AV Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Past Member
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Past Chair
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Business Litigation & Circuit Court Civil Practice Committees
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Professionalism & Judicial Relations Committees, Past Member
- University of Florida Moot Court Team