Ellen Regnery is a shareholder at Nason Yeager. Mrs. Regnery has over 30 years’ experience in the areas of wills and trusts, estate and gift tax law, and estate and trust administration, having spent her early career with two prestigious national law firms based in New York. She is highly skilled at creating estate plans from the most basic plans using wills and revocable living trusts, to very sophisticated plans which include dynasty trusts, family limited partnerships, grantor retained annuity trusts, residence trusts, charitable trusts and insurance trusts.
Mrs. Regnery routinely assists clients in becoming Florida residents and qualifying them for the Homestead Real Estate Tax Exemption and disengaging the clients from their former state, even if an out-of-state home is maintained. In addition, she frequently establishes private foundations for families who desire to promote philanthropy for many generations and create lasting legacies. She is board certified* by the Florida Bar as a specialist in Wills, Trusts and Estates and frequently speaks to private groups about topics of interest in estate planning.
Mrs. Regnery was raised in Northern Palm Beach County and attended The Benjamin School where she currently serves on the Alumni Council. When not working, you will find her reading or watching all types of sports, particularly the ones in which her children participate.
Areas of Practice
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida
- Board Certified* in Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Member, Palm Beach County Estate Planning Council
- Advisory Board Member, BB&T
- Former Board Member, Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches and Treasure Coast
- Former Member, Professional Women’s Network, Junior League of the Palm Beaches and the Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL)
- Cum laude and Master of Laws in Estate Planning, University of Miami School of Law