Contact Abby M. Spears
3001 PGA Boulevard, Suite 305
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- Florida, 2007
- Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2007)
- University of Michigan Business School (B.B.A., 2004)
- The Florida Bar's Standing Committee on Professionalism (2019-2022) (appointed to second term ending 2025); Chair, Gender Bias Working Group (2022-2024)
- The Florida Bar, 19th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “A” (2015-2018); Committee Chair (2018)
- Martin County Bar Association, Co-Chair Young Lawyers Division (2013-2015), Co-Chair 5K Committee (2016-2017), Chair Scholarship Committee (2023-2024); Member (2012-Present)
- Justice Major B. Harding American Inn of Court, Member (2012-Present)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Co-Chair Business Litigation CLE Committee (2020-2021); Member (2018-Present)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL), Martin Chapter, Sponsorship Director (2019-2021), President-Elect (2021-2022), President (2022-2023)
Abby Spears is an Attorney at Nason, Yeager, Gerson, Harris & Fumero, P.A. in our Palm Beach Gardens office. Ms. Spears joined the firm in 2018 following ten years in practice in Hillsborough County and Martin County, Florida, where she worked in both large and small-sized law firms, gaining experience in complex commercial litigation including jury trials in State and Federal Court. Ms. Spears represents individuals and businesses in all stages of pre-suit and litigation, including trial and alternative dispute resolution procedures such as arbitration and mediation. As a litigator, Ms. Spears was honored to be recognized as a “Rising Star” in Business Litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine (Florida) from 2013-2017.
In addition to complex commercial litigation, Ms. Spears handles litigation arising from probate and trust proceedings, and actively represents Trustees, Personal Representatives, beneficiaries, and interested parties in all levels of contested probate and trust proceedings and litigation.
Ms. Spears is a member of our health law department, where she represents physicians in connection with credentialing and peer review disputes with hospitals located throughout the State of Florida. Ms. Spears also works with independent medical staffs in connection with medical staff bylaws disputes.
Ms. Spears is actively involved in the Florida Bar and other voluntary bar associations, including the Martin County Women Lawyers Association, a local chapter of Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL). Ms. Spears was honored to serve as MCWLA’s President from 2022-2023 and to receive the 2019-2020 Leader in the Law award from FAWL, which recognized her involvement in legal and non-legal activities for the betterment of her community and her efforts to advance the cause of women in her local community.