Paul L. Zelnick is an attorney in Nason Yeager’s corporate department. Mr. Zelnick’s practice is focused on serving as outside counsel to businesses in the hospitality, real estate, manufacturing, and financial sectors. Mr. Zelnick has extensive experience with the following types of transactions:
- Structuring, preparing and negotiating private securities offerings on behalf of EB-5 fund managers, private equity fund managers, opportunity zone fund managers, and real estate developers.
- Representing real estate developers, hotel owners, and restaurant owners in construction and mezzanine loan transactions.
- Drafting complex partnership agreements for investment funds.
- Representing both buyers and sellers in asset purchase, membership interest purchase, and stock purchase transactions.
- Preparing and negotiating various contracts including consulting agreements, non-competition agreements, commission agreements, branding agreements, and restaurant management agreements.
Mr. Zelnick previously served as an associate attorney in the corporate, securities, and foreign investment practice group of an AmLaw 200 law firm and as counsel to a former SEC Enforcement Attorney where he advised entrepreneurs about compliance and regulatory issues surrounding private securities offerings. He began his career in the legal profession as a civil litigator specializing in the representation of individuals and small businesses in commercial litigation. Mr. Zelnick’s professional background also includes trading commodity futures and options on behalf of retail investors as a Series 3 licensed broker.
Mr. Zelnick received his B.A. in Economics from Georgetown University in 2004 and his J.D. from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2009. Hi is bilingual – fluent in both English and French.
- Served as corporate/securities counsel for private fund managers and real estate developers in regulation D and regulation S offerings involving a combined capital raise of in excess of $500 million.
- Represented a senior living facility in its procurement of a $65 million construction loan.
- Negotiated and closed mezzanine loans in excess of $250 million on behalf of commercial and residential real estate developers.
- Completed an $8.5 million loan modification on behalf of the principals of a hotel.
- Served as the secundent to a publicly-traded medical device company in its $1 billion acquisition of the business line of an international pharmaceutical company.
- Represented the nation’s premier, full-service commercial truck driving school in the sale of its assets and membership interests to the nation’s leading recruiting and employment solutions provider.
- Represented the principals of a South Florida sporting goods retailer in the sale of their shares in the company to a local celebrity.
- Represented a local entrepreneur in his $20 million acquisition of several cellular retail outlets.
Areas of Practice
- Florida, 2010
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2009
- Georgetown University, B.A., 2004
- Business Network International
- Ivy Social University